1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem transfering images

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by mudgutz, Sep 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mudgutz

mudgutz Thread Starter

I hope this is the right spot for this question if not I apologise.
    The question concerns my new olympus C-740uz, I had to install a usb driver and camedia master software to be able to transfer my images from my camera to the computer, now when I load the camedia program and hook up my cam to transfer my images it say's to me that it's unable to detect an olympus digital camera with USB connection, do you want to try again or search for a camera with serial connection?
    Ive tried re installing the software but i get the same outcome, any help on this matter would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

What operating system are we talking about here?
    (eg Windows, Apple Mac)

And version (eg Windows 95,98,98SE,ME,2000,XP)

3. RandyG

RandyG

You don't need to use the software. When you have the camera plugged in, and turned on, go into Windows Explorer by pressing Windows key+E (Windows key is on left bottom of keyboard between Ctrl and Alt)

You will see all your drives here, and should see the removable drive that will represent your camera.

To move pics, just click and drag them to a folder of your choice.

4. mudgutz

mudgutz Thread Starter

Ok, I tried that but the removable drive isn't there, for some reason it's not showing up.
    I'm runing windows 98, after windows detects new hardware and installs all the apropriate crap it's still not detected even thou it said it was.
    The usb cable is alright and My usb ports are open, so I dont know what the heck's going on.
    In the manual it just say's to make shure that the usb driver is installed properly and to check that you go into my computer/control panel/system/click on universal serial bus controllers and make shure that olympus usb digital camera 0105 is in there, but sometimes in the same spot it say's device unknown.
    Lol I hope yous'e can understand my gibberish, thanks for taking the time to reply and if ya think of something else what could be wrong please let me know.

5. RandyG

RandyG

6. THoey

THoey

Also might be a bad cable if Randy's suggestions don't work...

7. hewee

hewee

On my new camera it said to plug it into the USB port and then turn the camera on before you install the software. If you did not do it that way in may not install the right drives.
    So that may be why if you did not install it the same way.

8. mudgutz

mudgutz Thread Starter

thanks fellas Ill give it a try and I will let you know the outcome.
    USB cable is OK because I went to a mates place and it installed in a matter of minutes and transferd my images with no worries.

9. mudgutz

mudgutz Thread Starter

Nope, nothings working, I had a bloke tell me today that with windows 98 if you install something the wrong way and it does't work, then uninstall and reinstall the right way, that it will still be stuffed up.
    Nothing seems to be working so I'm gonna re install windows 98 and see what happens from there.

10. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Are you positive your USB ports actually work. Have you/do you use other USB devices?

Windows 98SE has a known USB problem with some hardware.

Microsoft have a patch available here

A long shot, admittedly but a possibility. Dont install it until you have read the page to see if it applies.

11. avatar1

Perhaps this is unrelated and coincidental but I had a very similar problem with W98 and installing Canon software and USB drivers recently.

Whatever I did, the accompanying disk USB driver would not work properly. Ended up uninstalling the driver and going to the Canon site, downloading the latest driver from there and it worked a treat - perhaps Olympus have the same facility???

:)

12. mudgutz

mudgutz Thread Starter

Thanks for that I'll try it.

13. Chris Burden

Chris Burden

Does anyone know what final solution to mudgutz's problem was? I'm experiencing same problems with USB/camera connection/driver/Windows98SE/etc. for Olympus D-560 zoom camera. Help!

14. RT

RT

Hi Chris,

No one will know the outcome of mudgutz's problem until he posts back, and it's been a while...

I would suggest that you post a new thread about your problem so that more folks will see it, even if it's the same problem.

You may very well get some new input that may work for you.:)

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!