Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problem transferring videos from Samsung phone to laptop

634 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  lynx1021 
#1 ·
Hello all, I will attempt to be as brief and concise as possible. Samsung laptop RV510. trying to dowload video files from Samsung mobile to said device. ideally I am hoping to transfer them to my portable drive for posterity sake. Device/driver not recognised, used troubleshooting. tried bluetooth instead of usb still no recogognition.

#3 ·
Thank you Batmoby, I have 4.25gb all of the dog and the kids is there another place i can get 3GB and I can split it. I'm going to lose this phone do . I would much rather just put it all onto my portable do you have any advice sir ? 'Alderon is peaceful, they have no weapons you couldn't possibly'......................

#9 ·
1. Make sure the phone is turned on. Plug the Samsung phone into the PC by the charging cable and look at the phone screen. You will get a dialog box that asks if you want to allow or deny access. If you don't tap allow, you won't be able to transfer files.

If the box never appears, then do the following with the phone on and attached to the computer by the charging cable.
Swipe down to see the notifications. You will see something like USB charging. Aside of that will be something that says, other USB options. Tap on it and one of the choices should be sharing files.

#10 ·
I do this all the time with my phone. I typically use Dropbox, but sometimes for a large transfer, I plug in the USB cable. I've had Samsung phones for a long time, and it's worked for all of them, including my current Galaxy S21 G5 phone.

#11 ·
I don't know if this will help but I have a Motorola Android and to transfer files with the USB cable I have to go into settings,Connected devices, USB and touch the file transfer button to transfer videos and pictures. It will not keep this setting,I have to do it every time. Also I recently found out about "Your Phone" in widows and can transfer files that way also. See

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.