1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem uninstalling a program - error code 2753

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ccssdxdx, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccssdxdx

ccssdxdx Thread Starter

I have installed this program called social.im, which is a secondary application (not an official application from facebook) designed for facebook. After trying out the program for a few seconds, I tried to uninstall the program, however, for some reason I was notified of an error which looked like this.

[​IMG]

What does it mean when the uninstaller gives you an error code of 2753? I don't think the error itself is from the program, but it is from windows and it's having trouble with it. :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. yanda

yanda

ccssdxdx,

I'm one of the developers of social.im and am sorry that uninstalling the application is giving you trouble. Can you check if the C:\Program Files\social.im directory is still on your machine? If so, deleting it will remove social.im from your machine. I hope this helps!

-Yanda-
    [email protected]

3. ccssdxdx

ccssdxdx Thread Starter

Hello yanda, thanks for the reply.

I deleted the social.im folder as you said and then tried uninstalling the program again, but now it is giving me this message.

[​IMG]

How do I completely remove the program from my computer?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/679363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice