problem uninstalling and installing Java

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tamhbrih

Hi,
I'm having a problem uninstalling Java 22 and installing 23 - only the 64 bit - I was able to install the 32 bit - am I doing something wrong. Can I go in and delete the registry entries to fix this and if so can someone guide me through this process - so I don't delete the wrong thing?:eek:

Any help would truly appreciated

Thank You
Tammy

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
There's no need to uninstall Java 6 Update 22 prior to installing Java 6 Update 23. The new version overwrites and replaces the old version.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Tamhbrih

Hi,
I just tried the Javra link above and it wouldn't work - so I booted in safe mode and ran it!
It tells me to stop Mozilla - but I'm not running Mozilla - I'm running ZoneAlarm ForceField!
It was giving me an error code of 1723 and would not allow me to install at all! I searched for Mozilla on my computer and there are several browser files - I tried to delete one and it wouldn't let me - is there a cleaner to get these files off too??

Thanks for your help!:)
Tammy

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online