problem uninstalling Outlook

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

remulac

Outlook 2003 does not open. I tried to reinstall with the CD ROM and to Uninstall in "add/remove programs" but both times I get an error message that the "installation files are not available". Any ideas how I can uninstall outlook in order to reinstall it. I use Windows XP SP2.
Thanks

remulac said:
Outlook 2003 does not open. I tried to reinstall with the CD ROM and to Uninstall in "add/remove programs" but both times I get an error message that the "installation files are not available". Any ideas how I can uninstall outlook in order to reinstall it. I use Windows XP SP2.
Thanks

First, make certain that you have no programs running during the installation process that may be using one or more of the Outlook files (including Internet Explorer). If that doesn't help, then you might try deleting files within the Outlook folder, but be careful not to delete your Address Book or any other files and folders that may contain data that you want to keep. If you are not certain which files to delete, then DO NOT delete them!

One more thing you might try is to prevent any of the "startup" programs from running that normally start when you reboot. That can be done by running MSCONFIG. Uncheck the check-boxes of any programs that have to do with the Internet. Then reboot your computer and try re-installing Outlook.

I recently had problems with Outlook and ended up re-installing Outlook Express. I only needed a bare-bones Email program and Outlook Express seems to be much more stable than the full-version of Outlook. Something you might consider!

Mike

remulac

Thanks xrayrep for taking the time to respond. As it turns out, I located a "Windows Installer Cleanup file", applied it to MS Office and then was able to reinstall the whole suite.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts