1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem updating ad-aware se

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by imdez, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. imdez

imdez Thread Starter

I've been trying to update my ad-aware se. When I run a scan I get a message saying that my definitions are old and would I like to update. I chk yes and then I'm told that there are no update components available. I've been trying for almost a week and each day I'm told my definitions are a day older and out of date. I've tried updating from the lower right hand of the 1st page and from the update announcement pop-up. I used to be able to update with no problem. What's happening?

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, I just tried updates and was told that a new build, V1.04 is now available...at times like this, the servers become bogged down, so that may why you had trouble, it took a minute for the notice to come up. I don't know if this build will prompt you to uninstall the older one ((I am using 1.03 now)) or not, it did before, otherwise you have to uninstall the older copy and download the new...after which, there might be updates, even today.

Check this thread for better info:

http://forums.techguy.org/t270823.html

3. dai

dai

it uninstalls for you and the gets an update,choose to save the plugins when it asks

4. imdez

imdez Thread Starter

You were right, Byteman. I just got notice to download the latest version (1.04).

5. imdez

imdez Thread Starter

Okay, dai, I saved the plugins and now I'm all set! Thanks !

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270686

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice