Problem upon boot,results in Blue Screen of Death!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

peterwalker

Heya,

Got a problem upon booting, my computer loads the Dell loading screen,by which pressing F2 allows you access to bios settings etc. Anyway, after this screen, I am presented with the black screen which tells me there was a problem loading windows, and gives me th option to run safe mode, last known good config or start windows normally.

No matter what option I pick, it always results in the blue screen of death. The text string under the top paragraph is UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME.

How can I solve this? If it is any help I will paste teh stop code.

The only software change I have made recently, is installing the game WarRock. Hardware wise, I have not made any changes, although I have a Samsung Firmware updater program, which updates the firmware on my DVD-RW, which opens upon startup, and cannot be closed unless through the task manager. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, in the taskbar, the firmware updater says its updating, it has been doing this for weeks and I just left it!

Thanks in advance

Pete

PS. Excuse the poor writing, I'm using a laptop!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online