1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem using php on new isp

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by roehrle, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. roehrle

roehrle Thread Starter

I'm having a problem trying to get php script to work on my new dsl verizon webpage. It excepts my index.php file but two other php statements in the index.php aren't working. These worked in my old dial-up ISP. I wrote these php script 2 years ago and haven't written an php since. I can't remember but I don't think it has anything to do with having something in the .htaccess file ?? The fact that it excepts the index.php file is that an indication that the server excepts php ? I remember using phpinfo to get information from the server but forgot how to use in in a statement.

2. deepdiver01

deepdiver01

Need a bit more information.

1. What php statements are no longer working. Could you provide us with the code? If you are calling for something outside of the index page, I suspect the path has been altered on the change-over.

2. I very much doubt that the server does not accept php. That is not the problem.

3. Does verizon use cPanel or xController for your administration. Not sure about cPanel, I don't think you can access phpinfo() in xController. I doubt that phpinfo() will give you the solution to this problem.

3. roehrle

roehrle Thread Starter

Here is the statement I had in m index.php.
    <?php include "rcocounter.php"; ?>
    I have "rcocounter.php" in the same directory as index.php. The fact that i transferred all my files from the old isp to verizon makes me believe it has something to do with verizon.
    As far as your question about c-panel or xcontoller I don't know and I can't find anybody at verizon to answer my questions.

4. deepdiver01

deepdiver01

Try

Code:
    <?php include 'rcocounter.php' ?>
    seems to me the syntax is a little out

5. anlore2001

anlore2001

First Name:
    Andrew
    Actually Deepdiver01, the php code is <?php include("rcocounter.php"); ?>

Can you link to the page in question, it might give us a better idea of what its doing.

Also, create a file on the server titled phpinfo.php and just put in <?php phpinfo(); ?> and see what it outputs when you enter it into your browser.

EDIT: Darn grammer and spelling

6. roehrle

roehrle Thread Starter

Anlore:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/roehrle/EEYC/index.php
    The hit counter down bottom on the left side of the screen is the counter I got to work from VZ. I'm only trying to get my counter to work because it also records info about visitor to my site.
    I tried the phpinfo.php but got a 404 message File not found. The file is definitely in the directory. Looking more like ZV doesn't allow php ?? But it does except my index.php ??

7. anlore2001

anlore2001

First Name:
    Andrew
    I'm starting to think the same thing too. You may want to contact Verizon and see if there's an issue on their end or if the allow PHP files. If they do you may want to see which commands they allow and disallow.

8. roehrle

roehrle Thread Starter

The problem is that it's almost impossible to get someone at VZ that knows what is going on with the websites. They send you to get in touch with Trellix who run their sites and for just $5/min they will help you solve their problems.:eek:
    It seems like this problem should have come up before. It's hard to believe that I am the first one to be having this problem. I have been to several forums but so far have come up dry.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice