1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem viewing, Extending or cloning Desktop to TV.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by morfarpower, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morfarpower

morfarpower Thread Starter

So, i recently purchased a Radeon X1950 Pro Graphic card, upgrading from a X800 pro. First i had to reinstall windows because of a driver issue which dissallowed me from installing the drivers for the new card and there were no workarounds for this.

Now here's the issue, like before when i used the X800, setting up a second monitor to view my desktop from there was no hard task, i only clicked on enable on that monitor, But now it seems it can't activate the Tv output. I've tried enabling the tv from desktop options, and from Catalyst Control center, i've switched the different refresh rates, with no luck, i ran a simple step by step wizard which was supposed to enable the use of extended desktop and the use of more monitors, all i could do was to enable the tv as main display, but then i can't use my PC screen.

Everything is the same from when i used the X800, except now i am not allowed to use the TV as a monitor. I'll be glad to provide more information if needed, Thanks for any constructive answers.:)

If it helps i am using a PowerColor X1950 pro Dual DVI, 256 MB GDDR3, AGP

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645215

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice