1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem viewing images while browsing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by michelle05, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. michelle05

michelle05 Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a Dell computer running Windows XP. I've noticed that certain websites are not displaying properly; graphics are missing from some pages (not all graphics, just one or two). For example, the banner at the top of nytimes.com will not show. There doesn't seem to be an order to the missing graphics; it seems to be randomly blocking certain graphics, both jpg and gif. If I visit a new site, I do not know if I'm seeing all there is to see!

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this problem? I have my security settings at "Medium." I also use McAfee virus scan and firewall.

Thanks in advance for any input you can offer!

Michelle

2. Binary_Wolf

Binary_Wolf

Hiyas

I've seen something similar with firefox. If you have the option to only display pictures from the originating website ticked it doesn't display all the graphics.

I don't know if there's a similar option in Internet Explorer as i try not to use it these days. There is a forum with a similar problem, but i can't provide a link as i didn't think to copy it down. A quick search should give you what you need here.

Regards
    BW

3. M.I.C.R.O.N

M.I.C.R.O.N

Hi

In Internet Explorer, click Tools > Internet Options > then click the Security Tab.

In here you will see some icons. Internet, Local Intranet, Trusted Sites and Restricted Sites.

Click each of these in turn and click the "Default Level" Button at the bottom right. When you have done this, click apply then clcik the General tab and click "Delete Files" under the Tempory inrernet files section in the middle, then click ok.

Close all Internet Explorer windows and re-open one. Then try going to a site that your having problems with. Hopefully it should be ok.

Mike

4. TechnutJay

TechnutJay

It seems it could be a pop up blocker program running or a firewall if the last post didn't help.

5. michelle05

michelle05 Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone who responded! The problem is resolved. A setting in McAfee Privacy Center was the culprit.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/392470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice