1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem viewing on a projector

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pileyrei, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pileyrei

pileyrei Thread Starter

Hi

I have two DELL D600 Laptops. Both have Windows XP on them.

If I connect one to a projector and press the function key and F8 several times I can get the picture on the projector screen and laptop screen. This is good and is what I want!

If I repeat the process on the second laptop it does not work. I toggle Function F8.......the picture appears for about 2 seconds and goes blank on the projector screen. It only shows on the laptop screen. If I drop the resolution down to 800x600 it works fine although it looks terrible on the laptop screen. Hmmmm? This is not ideal.

I've checked both pc's. They both appear to have the same settings>>>1024x768, 60MHZ refresh rate, identical video cards and drivers.

Any ideas as to why the one doesnt work?

Thanks

Pileyrei

2. LooneyTunes

LooneyTunes

Hi

Sounds like the one not working properly either is not the same graphics card or up to date drivers.
    Try downloading the latest drivers for it and see if that makes any difference.

3. pileyrei

pileyrei Thread Starter

Hi Looney Tunes

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've downloaded the latest drivers but can only install them on Wednesday, I'll let u know how it goes!

Pileyrei

4. pileyrei

pileyrei Thread Starter

hello

I have installed the latest drivers and the problem still persists.

To summarize, if I have the screen resolution on 800x600 then it works fine ie: I can view my screen on a projector and my screen at the same time by toggling the function key and F8. If I change the resolution to 1024x768 and try again it doesnt work. It shows for about 2 seconds on the projector screen and then goes blank.

I have an identical pc that does not have the problem.

Has anyone seen this problem before?
    Any suggestions?

Pileyrei

5. pileyrei

pileyrei Thread Starter

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217218

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice