1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem viewing webpage

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Derij, Sep 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Derij

Derij Thread Starter

Hi there

I've been having problems viewing a page on a website, the rest of the site loads fine for me (http://www.phoenixrising.ws) but I have problems with one page.

What happens is that I try to load the page (http://www.phoenixrising.ws/wildfire), It starts to load, I can see the page content and as it finishes loading the page just closes before I can do anything. This doesn't occur on another computer that we have and it also doesn't occur if I open the page using mozilla firefox

Any help will be much appreciated!!

thanks

tom

hoping the post is clear enough

2. lizard

lizard

Hi Derij!

Welcome to TSG Forums! :)

I went to that page and it loaded ok for me. It is difficult to determine what may be causing that behavior when you visit the page.

I tried View>Source. It usually works, but It didn't this time, so there may be excessive restrictions built into the page.

The problem you are having might have something to do with cookies. Try lowering the privacy setting on Internet Explorer. I have mine set at Medium. If that doesn't do it, try resetting all the Internet Explorer options to their default levels.

Hope it helps!

_

3. Derij

Derij Thread Starter

I have tried lowering my settings as well as restoring defaults before but no luck :confused:

I'm not really sure what the problem is, there are about 2000 users who use that page and I haven't seen any similar problems posted by anyone

tom

I got the source info, I won't post it here its pretty long but I'v pmed you about it, hope thats ok :p

4. lizard

lizard

Hi again Derij!

Well, my intention in clicking View>Source was to see if that page reacted the same as most pages do, and showed me the source, but it didn't.

If it's that specific page only that is giving you the problem, I would suggest you contact the site Webmaster. Maybe others are having the same difficulty and also think it's their system and are busy digging into it. I think your system is ok if you're going everywhere else with no problem.

cheers! (y)

_

5. Derij

Derij Thread Starter

Ok will do, cheers again mate and will let you know the results

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275352

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice