1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem w/System Not Doing Backup

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by glandau, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glandau

glandau Thread Starter

Win XP - Personal Ed.

Since some weeks my system does create nor keep any System Backups (checkpoints).

If I physically create the checkpoint it is only kept for a day or two or three (at most) then they are ALL deleted.

My setting right now is 12% (1440MB) of a 12Gig drive (Drive C only). Before I had any problem I hade 6% allocated and it kept about 5-6 checkpoints.

Any guidance or suggestions much appreciated /--gl

2. glandau

glandau Thread Starter

"does create" = "does NOT create"

3. jhoegl

jhoegl

so, how do you know its not doing a system backup? What back-up are you refering to? NTbackup? Or do you mean system restore points?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488694

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice