problem w/ transfer of avi from vid cam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kevin_Uoft

Normally, i transfer vid clips via firewire from my Sony miniDV camera using Windows Movie Maker. I then use DVdate to inlay a day and time stamp on the avi file.

Recently, when I transfer vid clips, the video is fine but the audio is choppy.

Things i've tried:

1) transferring clips as mpgs. audio is now fine, but I can no longer inlay day-time stamp (only works on avi's) which is important to me

2) transferring via USB: computer does not recognize vid cam via USB at all (tried different cables and ports)

3) using different programs: problem still occurs if capturing using ImageMixer and Cyberlink's PowerDirector

Please help! Thank you! :)

By the way, I am using Windows XP SP2.

I want to add my voice to this issue, instead of starting a new thread. I recently burned a DVD using Adobe Encore from a clip captured into my Adobe Premiere Pro through my Sony camcorder DCR-HC96. Too complicated? From Sony camcorder DCR-HC96 - to Adobe Premiere Pro (where the clip was edited) - to Adobe Encore (from which it was burned). The video is fine. Everything else is fine... except the sound. The sound is actually fine when the DVD is played on my computer. But when I play the DVD on my Sony DVD player, the sound is tinny and distant (that's the only way I can describe it). It is definitely not the same quality as on my computer. I tried adjusting the sound setting on my TV and on the DVD player, but the problem, although somewhat mitigated, persists.
I'm not sure this is the same problem as the previous poster has. But is is a sound problem associated with a burned DVD. Maybe the solutions for each issue have a commonality. I'm using Windows XP - Media Edition.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online