Problem while gaming

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

danfab1

So basically here's the deal. I just bought this pc about 5 weeks ago brand new, and its only for gaming. its not the best but should be fine for what i need. i have comcast internet and my normal speeds are 18 ping, 475mb download and 12mb upload. As soon as i open any game I immediately have internet problems. the games lag or i get disconnected. while the games are open my speeds drop Severely(ping stays the same at 18) but my download is 10mb and upload is .08 which is Horrendously terrible and basically unplayable. i mostly play apex legends and mainly destiny2 i know destiny takes uses alot of resources but this shouldnt be happening! I'm on a wired connection btw but this also happens on wi-fi. I have the comcast wifi 6 newest router. i am going crazy so if theres any help i can get id greatly appreciate it or if this is a problem i just need to call comcast for. thanks in advance. im gonna post diag below

danfab1

i tried to post the diag that you needed and said to add to a thread but its saying its too many characters. if theres a way to do it and someone tells me i can post it i have it saved on my computer i am posting my windows specs and pc specs in case that helps. if someone can help me you will be a life saver and i would appreciate it greatly!!!

Device name DESKTOP-N1H08VE
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.75 GB usable)
Device ID 8EF07FB7-83BD-404D-8123-F479491E8F47
Product ID 00325-97228-80708-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎8/‎19/‎2021
OS build 19043.1288
Serial number MJ0F392N
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I decided to try my luck with your serial number (MJ0F392N) with the different brands of computers.
I already knew it wasn't a Dell or HP brand, so I was able to narrow it down quickly and get a match with a Lenovo brand.

I'm guessing you have THIS Lenovo Legion T5-25IMB05 Type Model 90NC00R5US Desktop PC

According to its support site, it was purchased in August 2021 and came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit and these hardware specs:
Intel Comet Lake B460 motherboard
Intel Core i5-10400F 2.90 GHz 6-core processor
8 GB x 1 DDR4-2933 MHz RAM
256 GB PCIe M.2 2280 solid state drive
1 TB SATA3 hard disk drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super 4 GB graphics card
Intel Thunder Peak 2 9260 2x2ac M.2 wireless card
400W power supply

I'm not a hardware expert nor a gamer, so I'll leave you with the others here who are to help you resolve your gaming issue.
Good luck.

P.S. It definitely needs at least another 8 GB of RAM.

--------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

danfab1

What is the brand name and model name and model number of your new gaming computer?
i have a lenovo legion i5

Lenovo - Legion Tower 5i Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i5-11400 - 8GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super - 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Raven Black

danfab1

I decided to try my luck with your serial number (MJ0F392N) with the different brands of computers.
I already knew it wasn't a Dell or HP brand, so I was able to narrow it down quickly and get a match with a Lenovo brand.

I'm guessing you have THIS Lenovo Legion T5-25IMB05 Type 90NC Model 00R5US Desktop PC

According to its support site, it was purchased in August 2021 and came with Windows 10 Home 64-bit and these hardware specs:
Intel Comet Lake B460 motherboard
Intel Core i5-10400F 2.90 GHz 6-core processor
8 GB x 1 DDR4-2933 MHz RAM
256 GB PCIe M.2 2280 solid state drive
1 TB SATA3 hard disk drive
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Super 4 GB graphics card
Intel Thunder Peak 2 9260 2x2ac M.2 wireless card
400W power supply

I'm not a hardware expert nor a gamer, so I'll leave you with the others here who are to help you resolve your gaming issue.
Good luck.

--------------------------------------------------
i believe this is the serial number youre pretty close but some things are a little different i believe
90RS000DUS

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If you're not positive about the serial number (MJ0F392N) that you submitted in post #2, please recheck it and submit the correct one.

That serial number shows your Lenovo Legion to be a Type Model 90NC00R5US with the hardware specs that I listed.

Regardless of which one it is, it still needs at least another 8 GB of RAM.

-------------------------------------------------

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Make sure you are running the latest NIC drivers. Are you wired or wireless?

danfab1

If you're not positive about the serial number (MJ0F392N) that you submitted in post #2, please recheck it and submit the correct one.

That serial number shows your Lenovo Legion to be a Type Model 90NC00R5US with the hardware specs that I listed.

Regardless of which one it is, it still needs at least another 8 GB of RAM.

ok so you believe the issue is my ram? it does show while i'm gaming most of it is being used but why would that make my internet absolutely awful?

danfab1

Make sure you are running the latest NIC drivers. Are you wired or wireless?
i am wired. i also tried wireless and the same thing happens the connection just gets destroyed as soon as i play a game. also while gaming it shows most of my 8gb ram is being used. is there anyway that could destroy my internet connection

danfab1

i am wired. i also tried wireless and the same thing happens the connection just gets destroyed as soon as i play a game. also while gaming it shows most of my 8gb ram is being used. is there anyway that could destroy my internet connection
also, what are nic drivers? ive checked windows update and i'm good, also checked my ethernet card and wifi drivers and those are good as well. all up to date

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
8 GB is way too little RAM for a high performance gaming computer.
It needs to be increased to at least 16 GB, but preferably to 32 GB.

danfab1

8 GB is way too little RAM for a high performance gaming computer.
It needs to be increased to at least 16 GB, but preferably to 32 GB.

ok i appreciate the help. its not a super expensive computer so im assuming thats why it only has 8gb.. but do u know if this could be what my internet problem is? i know the basics with computers but not alot so im just wondering if i get more ram am i still gonna have this internet issue?

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
ok so you believe the issue is my ram? it does show while i'm gaming most of it is being used but why would that make my internet absolutely awful?
Not likely. It will improve gaming performance, but the Internet speed is a separate issue.

Gr3iz

Mark
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
also, what are nic drivers?
A driver is a piece of software that allows a piece of hard ware to do what it needs to do. A NIC is an Ethernet or Wi-Fi card (Network Interface Controller). Look on Lenovo's web site for these drivers. Don't rely on Microsoft providing the correct drivers. Lenovo has a utility you can install that will check for the latest drivers of all the devices in the unit. You might want to try to find this. I think it is called Lenovo System Update.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online