Problem with 2 computers connected to a router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Goodfeller

Hi,
today I've noticed while playing CS GO, that my ping would raise up to a thousand or even more. I've checked every little thing and it did not seem that the computer is causing the problem neither the Cs Go server.

Strangely, after the 2nd computer went off, the internet was normal again. So I checked it to be sure.

When the 2nd computer for example has a launched video on youtube, my ping would go crazy, when it was off, my ping was back to normal. Does anyone know, what might cause this strange problem? Thanks for help in advance.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi Goodfeller, and welcome to TSG.

Streaming video is data intensive and could be using up most of your available Internet connection bandwidth, resulting in longer ping times for you and buffering issues for the person with the video feed.

Goodfeller

I doubt that, sir.
I could watch youtube or twitch without having massive pings. Maybe the internet provider has some problems ?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Perhaps if you gave us more details about you local network hardware and about your Internet service, someone else here may be able to better assist you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online