1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem With 3Com 3C940

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KeithF40, Sep 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithF40

KeithF40 Thread Starter

I have an Asus A7V600 motherboard with the onboard 3Com 3C940 1000 Mbps Ethernet NIC. I go to the University of Florida and when I set it to 10 Full Duplex since that is what he have here in my dorm it will only set to 10 Half thus drastically slowing down my connection. I upgraded from the 44 driver to the 46 one and I still have the problem and flashed my bios from 0012 to 0015 and still the same problem. I was wondering if anyone else had problems with this card and if so if they were able to fix it. There are quite a few people here who are currently having this problem. Thanks for any info that you can give me.

2. Alanspatz

Alanspatz

I would set the card to auto detect the connection instead of setting it up my self. I know that is not what you like doing, but it is worth a try.

Alan

3. KeithF40

KeithF40 Thread Starter

I already tried it on autodetect plus out connection in this dorm doesnt support autodetect. Do you have any other ideas.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168473

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice