1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with a Dell Inspiron

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Ggbdbd, Dec 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ggbdbd

Ggbdbd Thread Starter

I cannot get past this screen. When you power on the laptop, it went to the black screen and asked to scan or start normally. I tried both ways and got this screen both times. Ctrl Alt Del doesn't do anything either. I'm lost and would like to try to salvage what is on this thing as I'm pretty sure it's the only place we put my husband's last deployment pictures. Help!

Attached Files:

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I am not sure what your screenshot is meant to show me, as I cannot see anything except a white flash on the screen, presumably the flash from the camera
    Is there a message underneath that white flash

Having had a closer look at the screen picture you may also try, shut down, disconnect power, disconnect battery, hold down power button for a full 20 seconds, reconnect mains power only, power on and try again

Was the message regarding scan of any more detail such as - one of your disks needs to be scanned etc .

If so the cause may possibly be a bad file structure on the hard drive

Try pressing F8 immediately after post screen and see if you can get to advanced options as here
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17419/windows-7-advanced-startup-options-safe-mode

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    James
    Mac - i think the issue is that it's not even getting to the log in screen, or it is but it's not going past that.

@Ggbdbd If a window repair doesn't work, maybe a restore point might help, but I would suggest getting a technician/it shop to connect your drive to another computer to back up the files that is on your drive because either windows is not loading, or the hard drive is failing.

Also, try the F8 button as Mac mentioned and see if you can get into safe mode. If you can get to there, then at least it sounds like a start up issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1237524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice