Problem with a few games...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cus

I am currently in to 3 games:

-Counter Strike Source
-GTA 3
-Tony Hawks Underground 2

I have the same problem with all 3.

After a while one of 2 things happen, either:
-The computer stalls with the current sound looped over and over and i have to restart.
-The computer crashes and restarts

With GTA and THUG it can be 5 mins or 30 mins before it does it. With CSS its usually 1-2 hours.

I've got the latest drivers for my gfx card and i know its not an over heating problem.

Here is my setup:

-Windows XP Pro
-1.8ghz AMD Athlon
-256mb geforce 6200
-1.5gb RAM

Thanks,
Marcus

It really sounds like an overheating problem. Could it be that you have a fan that died or just in need of a good dusting? What are your temps like when you run games (also what are they when the computer is idle)?

cus

I can definitely say it isn't over heating. I've got a portable heater its like 40cmX20cm and i set it on cold and blasted it into my comp while gaming. GFX card, HDD, and CPU are about 30 degrees. My HDD and CPU are usually about that and my gfx is usually about 45 which is still ok.

Cheers,
Marcus

cus

Im not quite sure but on my power supply it says:

Q-TEC PSU 400W dual fan

It also says ATX 12v.

Is this enough info, if not please tell me how to find out.

Cheers,
Cus

cus

Can anyone help me because im starting to get really really frustrated. It is happening like every few minutes in gta and thug. With css it rarely happens.

I need help.

Cheers

i have a similar problem, though not as regularly as you, when your rig crashes completely, do you get a BSOD (blue screen of death)? if so what is it saying?? there is always an error reported on the BSOD... If you haven't spotted it so far, next time you play, keep a pen and paper handy, and jot it down, then post that on here...

for example i get;

Stop: 0x0000008E

nv4_disp.dll -Address BFA280E0 base at BF9D5000
which is well known,

http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t52655.html
http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t46609.html

cus

No BSOD just either a stall with looping sounds or a crash.

it might not neccesarily be a problem with internal hardware... do you use a joypad? are the drivers for your keyboard & mouse & soundcard up to date???

cus

Sound is up to date and there are no updates for keyboard and mouse so i dont think that is the problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online