1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Access 2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by thudson, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thudson

thudson Thread Starter

I have just purchased Office 2010 and I am trying to modify my previously written database which is in Access 2007 format. When I try to create a button I get the following error in the Command Button Wizard:
    Compile error. in query expression 'AppLoadString([bw_tblBtnActions].[Description]'

However if I open a new database I do not get this error!

From this I deduce that it is to do with the version of the database it was written in.

Can anybody assit in solving this problem?

T Hudson

2. karlhaywood

karlhaywood Account Closed

Because you have recently moved the database to a later version of MS Access, Try checking your references.

Press Alt+F11 to open the VBA editor Then Under Tools->References check to see if any are "missing", or if you dont have any selected which you did under the original database. In either case
    reselect the reference to reativate it.

I hope this helps, if not get back in touch perhaps OBP can shed some light on this error.

3. OBP

OBP

thudson & Karl, unfortunately I can't offer anything new on this.
    HiTechCoach might know something.

The compile error suggests that either a control name has changed, or the function AppLoadString is no longer available.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972352

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice