Problem with Acer TimelineX turning off/freezing, suspect a hardware problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

databasestate

Hi guys,

About two months ago I bought an Acer TimelineX laptop (the 11.6" version with the i7 core.) Last night it started havong some vicious problems. It will instantly shut down or freeze with the current displayed graphics being very distorted, seemingly at random intervals. I suspect a hardware problem because a few minutes before all this started I noticed the cover protecting the internal components was out of place, so I snapped it back into position.

I tried running some of the pre-boot Windows diagnostics, but they came up clean. The system crashed once during this process and gave me a blue screen of death that said "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT". I ran a diagnostic on the memory and it came up clean as well. I'm thinking I might have broken some critically important piece of hardware. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!

-Kai

A few silly ideas that i've tried with my Acer ..
try taking the battery out !..
just run it off the lead..
I've been told its something to do with a hardware issue with the standby mode of the fan or the CPU or some standby/neutral position that some gizmo inside does (have you guessed that I'm no techie ;o)
Try it out, it could be a simple (if not permanent) fix.
Good luck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts