1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with add or remove program

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by helen.bicari, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. helen.bicari

helen.bicari Thread Starter

hi,
    i have a problem with removing programs installed on my computer. recently i was infected with malware and so i asked for help on malwareremoval.com. they hapled me to get clean but then when i wanted to remove some programs in my add or remove program, i cant. as there is no remove option. there are so many programs or whatever it is, which i dont know and am not aware of installing it. also some programs, which i did install dont have the remove option, and also some other programs like windows media player or real player ar not
    in add or remove program. i belive it has nothing to do with removing malware, but just dont understand, what has happend, as i never had any problem like this. here is the link to my thread:http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=29037&st=0&sk=t&sd=a so u can see what we tried with my helper. it is on page 3 and 4, there is also screenshot of my add or remove program, i would appriciate any help. thank you

2. helen.bicari

3. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

"helen- -": Go to Start>Programs and open up any that you want to remove. See if there is an "uninstall" in the menu, if any. It s always best to use these, if available, rather than the "Add/Remove" method. Try this before proceeding with my suggestion below.

I can't help with what may be an ongoing malware problem. You may want to click on the small, red outlined triangle in the upper right by the post number. Then submit a request to have this Thread moved to the Malware Removal and HJT Forum.

Be patient there; only a few folks are authorized to handle malware/HJT submissions.

{redoak}

4. techychick

techychick

5. helen.bicari

hi guys, thanks for reply. first of all, i dont have malware problem anymore and second of all i tried the links u sent me, but still it shows only few programs to uninstall, the same i have remove button in add or remove programs. but how about the rest? i have no idea what is it douing there and how to get rid of it. please have a lok at the link u sent u and chceck page 3 or 4, thera are screenshots of my add or remove program and also tips which we tried but didnt work

6. flashsnaps

flashsnaps

7. helen.bicari

i havent but im gonna do it now. lets see if it works. thanks

8. helen.bicari

hi, i download the windows clean up installer and it shows all programs, which r in my add or remove program but dont have remove button. so i can remove them now? i hope i wont mess up my computer

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699546

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice