1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with ALL GAMES!

Discussion in 'Games' started by N3W5P4P3R, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. N3W5P4P3R

N3W5P4P3R Thread Starter

I have an issue where my monitor when a lot goes on in a game turns into a complete blur. For example, in 1.6 if there's several smokes, it'll happen. Or in 2142, it'll happen whenever 'cause that game has a lot going on at once. It immediately fixes itself if I ALT+TAB for 1.6, but since 2142 is pretty demanding, my game actually just ends up crashing. Anyway, the crashing of 2142 isn't an issue since it wouldn't happen if this problem didn't work.

I tried to screenshot what showed up on my screen, but the screenshot shows what's supposed to be visible, so I'm assuming this is a monitor problem?

Here's some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's really annoying especially since I play 1.6 at a competitive-level and smokes being thrown at once is not a "once-in-a-blue-moon" deal. 2142 is absolutely unplayable because it immediately crashes after the screen blurs like that.

Shuttle SN21G5
    Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 931c
    Video card: EVGA e-GeForce 7900 GT KO 256MB
    RAM: Just generic 1GB

Thanks ahead of time.

2. dannyn

dannyn

if you say that it restarts your computer its most likely not your monitor..
    when was thew last time that you updates you video card drivers?

3. N3W5P4P3R

N3W5P4P3R Thread Starter

I didn't say anything about restarting. :eek:

I thought drivers would be an issue so updated them as soon as I started getting this problem. :<

4. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

few questins first. Firstly, what xactly is 1.6? Not a game I am famliar with, and I assume you mean battlefield 2142 ( os opposed to 2142: Space conquest, for wxample). Secondly, what win are you using, and what sys specs, espscially graphics card, cpu, mobo. Also need to know what screen res you are trying to run in, to be able to lok for a solution :)

5. N3W5P4P3R

N3W5P4P3R Thread Starter

1.6 = Counter-Strike 1.6
    2142 = Battlefield 2142

Forgot to mention CPU, but I did provide some specs in the original post. :/ Anyway I have a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester running 32-bit XP Pro. My computer's a Shuttle (as already mentioned) and it came with a motherboard attached to it. Windows resolution I use is 1280x1024 and ingame I always use 800x600.

6. N3W5P4P3R

N3W5P4P3R Thread Starter

Any help!? Got the problem again today!

7. sup2a

sup2a

could the card be overheating?

8. N3W5P4P3R

N3W5P4P3R Thread Starter

I don't know, could it be? Why would hitting ALT+TAB fix it, then? :?

9. sup2a

sup2a

hmmm well im not sure but just check if the fans are working ok and clear out all the dust in the case to start if you havnt already

10. hawk1220

hawk1220

Try doing it with a different monitor.
    btw what CAL are you? or are you CEVO. kthx

11. PrivatePC

PrivatePC

12. N3W5P4P3R

N3W5P4P3R Thread Starter

0:1:48414, played CAL-P with enL for playoffs but team died and I strayed away from CS. My friends and I pugged CAL-O CZ and ****ed around and that didn't do so well, but we're going to have another go at it.
    :/ 256MB isn't enough? Keep in mind this used to not be an issue, as I used throw like 50 smoke grenades in spawn and walk around because I used to get 100FPS. Then Steam went with their Community crap and the in-game ads and somehow managed to make an old-*** game laggy yet again.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice