1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Avance AC'97 Sound Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vipin_ag, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vipin_ag

vipin_ag Thread Starter

Dear Friends,

I have an Intel Celeron 1.1 GHz with onboard sound and graphics. the sound card is avance AC'97 audio for Intel(R) Controller. It was working fine till my last hard disk crashed. I got the new hard disk and got Win98SE installed, and all the sound/video drivers supplied with my motherboard CD. Now I am having sound but only single (left) channel. No sound output for the right channel. Another of my friends is having same config. PC and the same problem. I have tested my Speakers , They are fine.

The driver file versions are:
    ALCXWDM.SYS (5.12.01.3006)
    SOUNDMAN.EXE (3.1)

Please Help.

Vipin Agrawal.

2. vipin_ag

vipin_ag Thread Starter

one additional piece of information: my motherboard is Mercury KOB 810e2 TFST. With inbuilt sound and graphics cards.

thanks

3. deHakkelaar

deHakkelaar

Go to volume settings (double click on the speaker symbol in the system tray) & check the sliders for balance & even if they are in the middle , set them again to be sure.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice