1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with avg updates

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pc_loser, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pc_loser

pc_loser Thread Starter

My AVG program prompts me to update, I click "connect now" and nothing happens. I do get connected, but no updates are dloaded.

Any ideas?

2. mobo

mobo

FYI..If you are using the free version it loads very slowly. try waiting for 5-10 minutes or get the pro version as I have which loads instantly..

3. pc_loser

pc_loser Thread Starter

Ok, I'll try waiting a bit for it to load, although I don't remember it taking so long in the past. I'm also on dialup, so I'm assuming that would slow things down a bit too??

4. mobo

mobo

There have been reported slowdowns on the server for the free vresion.

5. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Hi there,I too have the free edition of AVG but Im not suffering any problems with it regarding updating.....it should do this automatically by the way if you set it in update manager.....it may well be slower if you are using dial-up though.....

6. xgerryx

xgerryx

Hey Mobo, Free version now loads quite fast, They have updated their update gear & now takes only a few seconds.

Gerry

7. mobo

mobo

Try changing the download server. There are two , one from us and one from czechoslovakia.

8. pc_loser

pc_loser Thread Starter

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I do have AVG set to update automatically. Today when it started, it was as fast as it ever was. It was just those last few times that it was slow. Everything seems fine now. AVG did pick up a virus today though. Could that have been the problem?

9. mobo

mobo

Its possible that the update did find a virus but the servers were slow for a while..

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice