problem with avg updates

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pc_loser

My AVG program prompts me to update, I click "connect now" and nothing happens. I do get connected, but no updates are dloaded.

Any ideas?

FYI..If you are using the free version it loads very slowly. try waiting for 5-10 minutes or get the pro version as I have which loads instantly..

pc_loser

Ok, I'll try waiting a bit for it to load, although I don't remember it taking so long in the past. I'm also on dialup, so I'm assuming that would slow things down a bit too??

There have been reported slowdowns on the server for the free vresion.

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Hi there,I too have the free edition of AVG but Im not suffering any problems with it regarding updating.....it should do this automatically by the way if you set it in update manager.....it may well be slower if you are using dial-up though.....

Originally posted by mobo:
FYI..If you are using the free version it loads very slowly. try waiting for 5-10 minutes or get the pro version as I have which loads instantly..
Hey Mobo, Free version now loads quite fast, They have updated their update gear & now takes only a few seconds.

Gerry

Try changing the download server. There are two , one from us and one from czechoslovakia.

pc_loser

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I do have AVG set to update automatically. Today when it started, it was as fast as it ever was. It was just those last few times that it was slow. Everything seems fine now. AVG did pick up a virus today though. Could that have been the problem?

Its possible that the update did find a virus but the servers were slow for a while..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online