1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Battle Realms Graphics on WinXP & Geforce4MX440

Discussion in 'Games' started by ozmarcos, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ozmarcos

ozmarcos Thread Starter

Hello everybody!
    I would like to ask if you have had any problems playing Battle Realms recently. I have the following configuration:

- WinXp Home
    - Geforce4 Mx 440 64MB
    - DirecX 9.0c
    - Nvidia Drivers updated to last version

The problem I'm facing is that all the buildings, the grass and the trees appear just in the white color. All the game beauty isn't there anymore.... :(

Anyone knows how to fix it? :D

obs.: I have a 1.02 Battle Realms Brazilian (English) version. And the update patches doesn't work with my version. It's all original and legal... (y)

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Brazilian (english)?? hmm...

Your graphic specification is ok. The minimum requirements is 64Mb.

I don't know what would cause it. Have you uninstalled it and reinstalled it?

3. ozmarcos

ozmarcos Thread Starter

Hi Tidus4Yuna,

I believe my version is the English version because it's all in English and there's no mention to a Brazilian version in the site. And I bought in Brazil, at an specialized game shop... (y) (it is totally legal) :)

But still, the updates doesn't work with my version...

The thing is: I used to play this game in Windows 98 with Geforce2 and it worked just fine. Now that I have WinXP and Geforce4 I'm getting this graphic problem.

I start to believe that maybe it's a Geforce4 uncompatibility... :eek:

I already have tryed to reinstall it in my WinXp system and even try to intall it under Windows 98 with the same hardware but DirectX8 (witch comes in the Game CD).

Thanks for the interest! (y)

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Sorry for long reply, I didn't get the message that you replied.

I'm sure that the version is English (US). Have you tried the North America/n site for the patch?

Also do you have any other games that have the same problem? The Sims and SimCity 3000 might have the same problem.

5. funkdmonkey

funkdmonkey

This game is old enough to have compatiblity errors with XP. Go to the offical site and check if they're any patches. Also try setting the compatibility to windows 98, to do so just go to the properties of the game executable file.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    funkd, I didn't have any problems installing on XP so I don't think Compatibility wouldn't be the issue. I'm thinking that the graphics card is not up to the task.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323054

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice