1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Belkin Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by GMacKBlair, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMacKBlair

GMacKBlair Thread Starter

Hi there

I have a Belkin F7D2401 wireless router with built in modem. This has worked fine for a year since purchase. The router has a wired connection to my desktop (running Vista and IE), and was supporting a couple of Blackberry smartphones, a Blackberry playbook and a Kindle. At some point last week, all these devices lost their wifi connectivity. Yesterday, I noticed the WPS light was blinking amber at regular points.

Although I've next to no technical knowledge, I've reset the router using the button at the back but this hasn't solved the problem.

Can anyone help me understand what's going wrong, and more importantly how to fix the connectivity on our devices ?

Thanks

Grahame Blair

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    sounds like the router is faulty

try powering off and leaving off for 15 minutes and see if that works again

you could then try logging into the configuration pages and disable the WPS facility and just setup the devices manually ,
    connect to the wireless and enter the security key

see the user manual here

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&r...=_Q64A0N5hlTiOk45HTARwg&bvm=bv.55123115,d.d2k

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1111664

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice