Solved Problem with BIOS

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skpappish

I have been trying to update my computer's bios so I can boot from USB, but it wouldn't let me update it. I have a Dell Optiplex GX260. Is there anything I can do about this?

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
The Dell OptiPlex GX260 desktop is a very old model.
The last BIOS update for it is version A09 which was released in February 2005.

If you would explain in detail what you're trying to do, someone here may be able to help you.

----------------------------------------------------------------

skpappish

Ok, I was going to update the BIOS to A09 but it wouldn't restart on it's own.

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
If you would explain in detail what you're trying to do, someone here may be able to help you.
You haven't replied to the above comment from post #2, so we still don't know what you're trying to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------

skpappish

I already tried that. It doesn't restart by itself. When I force it to turn off, it says that it is attempting to update it but it doesn't update. Is there a way I can get it to restart? Do I need to create a disk?

Couriant

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
James
Not sure if this model has this ability since it's old, but if you have the BIOS update file on the USB, restart the computer then press F12 to get the menu and then hopefully you should have the BIOS Update option. You should be able to update that way if it's there.

EDIT: it doesn;t but you should still be able to do it with the USB by changing the boot sequence to USB first:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=r89214

(about 1/4 way down)

managed

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Allan

skpappish

THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED!! I deleted some kind of adware and it was keeping the computer from restarting. I did the BIOS setup and IT WORKED! Thanks to all of you that helped me!:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online