Problem with both CD-Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ChaosKilla

I Have a Windows XP and once i installed my PC3200 512 Ram i get this error saying:

Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A02
Copyright 1985-1988 Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1990-2002 Dell Computer Crop.
All Rights Reserved

Dell System Dimension 4550 Series
(Dells website i can't post it)

Secondary hard disk drive 0 not found
Secondark hard disk drive 1 not found
Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utiliy
_

So can anyone help me out? lol

Hi and welcome to TSG

Your title says problems with CD drives, but the error message is about hard drives, so you've got me confused.

Since you were working inside of your case check the connections (power and ide cables) going to the hard drives and CD drives and from the drives to the motherboard.

pugmug

Banned
Dell 4550 will only handle up to 1 gig,2 512 sticks PC 2700 ram.That is as fast as the mobo will allow.Sounds like you mixed ram of different speed which should be ok as it will just clock down to the slowest stick of ram installed but Dells are very picky about the memory installed in them.Try removing the pc3200 stick and use what you had before or add correct speed ram for 4550. 400 front side bus takes pc2100 ram,533 front side bus takes pc2700 ram.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online