1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Buffalo LinkStation LS-CHL-V23EE NAS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pinmac, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pinmac

Pinmac Thread Starter

I bought the Buffalo 1TB LinkStation a couple of years ago but had such problems setting it up I abandoned it for a while. I tried again a little while ago and managed to backup some files to it. Now that my other external hard drive has died, I really need to get this up and running.
    I have plugged it in to the router with a network cable and it shows under Network. I can copy to it from my other drives. But looking at the manual, you can obviously do much more. The way to do this is to open the NasNavigator software installed on the desktop and access it via the icon for the LinkStation which appears. But nothing shows on mine. When I open the program there is nothing there so I can do nothing with it.
    Please can someone help me as I really would like to use the LinkStation properly but I have been unimpressed with ease of use so far.

2. OliverTaylor

OliverTaylor

Try to browse for it through network neighbourhood , you should see the nas box and be able to drag and drop files to and from it

3. Pinmac

Pinmac Thread Starter

Yes, I can access it through Network and can drag and drop files but I can see that you can do much more through the NAS Navigator software but IU can't access it through that. It has been suggested that I upgrade the firmware and update the software but I'm still trying to work out how to do this.

4. Pinmac

Pinmac Thread Starter

I've made sure the NASNavigator software is up-to-date and I still can't see the LinkStation in the window. The firmware upgrade instructions say to run NASNavigator and access the LinkStation there in order to upgrade the firmware but, of course, I can't see it.

5. allteltech

allteltech

If you know the IP of the LinkStation you can just http://the ip and get the log in page that way.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1102250

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice