Problem with burning cd: XP thinks a 800MB cd is a 700MB

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bentje

Hello,
if my english isn't what it should be, my apologies, I'm not used to write in English, cause i'm from Belguim.
Anyway, here it comes...

My girlfriend has a dvd of a movie but it's ruined, so I wanted to suprise here whit a cd (copie)...
I don't have a dvd writer so I have to burn an Avi file.
I have windows XP and went after a couple of 800MB cd's.
But if I try burning it, I get: this disk does not have enough free space, there 702MB free space on the disk, and 703MB to be written.
I've tried with "easy cd creator" and "nero burning" but neither of them recongnize the 800MB cd.
Then I've tried reducing the size of the file with windows moviemaker, but moviemaker (as usual), can't read "video clip" files.

Now I'm stuck...
I've found this site by searching google, and I hope someone will be able to help me!

THANKS !

Ben.

If there is only 1 meg more to write, you can enable overburn in Nero's options. Your writer should support that just fine. It could well be that the CD-ROM itself was not built for 800's.

Depending what version of Nero, under "Expert Features", you can also enable the generation of a short lead-out, giving you up to 12 megs more space on the CD.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online