Problem with burning cds/ is is NERO or my BURNER?? help please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

k_vocalist

hey all, i have windows XP and only up to couple days ago, ive been having issues making my mix cds etc, i try to burn with files on my pc and somtimes it works fine, othertimes it stays at 2X then tells me its failed.......now i bought a 50 pack of cd-r and ive used only like 10 of them in total, i have 15 left so all the rest have failed!. ive tried setting the burning option to 32x and it burnt a cd like a mix cd all blended and i never selected it to do that, also some cds are skipping when the ones i burn work. any help is good help:eek: thank u

do you have this error msg during burning ??

SEH EXCEPTION caught during INeroMediaConverter::DoConversion().

all software are latest revision, I am new in the Burner business and I have never
succeed burning longer sequences,

If you have any ideas , please give me a hint

regards hansas

k_vocalist

i think i should check to see if their is a update, but that should not make a difference, i even uninstalled it and put it back on, same thing. maybe my burner is just old and needs to be replaced....thank god ive ordered a exrernal dvd/cd r-rw but i still want to get this problem fixed. thanks

oh, I only get a failed message tellin me cd failed at this time etc etc. its almost like the cds are bad but who knows. dought it cause ive used to many now.

how do I check the firmware level and where do I get the latest level from ???

Firmware is up to date ( A190 ) and no change and still failing.

I saw the requirements of CPU power need to be 2-3 GHZ , I have only 1 GHZ CPU power ??

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'd suspect the writer, if it were Nero you'd be getting more consistent failures. First step might be a CD drive cleaning kit to see if you just have a dirty lens.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online