1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with card reader for SD card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Adam clegg, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Adam clegg

Adam clegg Thread Starter

I recently bought a new digital camera and i got this 6 in 1 usb card reader in this pack with it. When i plug it in it comes up normally as a drive but when i click on the drive My Computer stops responding and doesn't get into the pictures. I not sure if its hard ware or software.

Can Anyone explain this or how to fix it?

Adam Clegg:confused:

2. sleekluxury

sleekluxury

Im not totally sure but are you maybe using a USB 2.0 card reader on a USB 1.1 port? Do you know if your PC has any USB 2.0 ports on it, that may be the problem, but im not entirely sure.

3. GeekGawd

GeekGawd

What operating system do you use?
    You can go to Start Programs Accessories System Tools and then System Information. There under Hardware you will see USB listed. Click on that and the right pane will give you info on the same. It should also give you info on the version.
    Check the compatibilities of the reader with your operating system too.
    Does it have any software that came along with it. Did yuo install that?

Let us know.

~Gg

4. Adam clegg

I am using microsoft XP Home edition Version 5.1.2600 service pack 1 build 2600

It said it didn't require any drivers for Windows xp and it installed itself fine and i am using high speed usb2.0 ports yet it it still fails.
    When i go to get into the drive The My computer explorer thing just stops responding untill i remove the device.

5. Adam clegg

how do i check compatibility

6. GeekGawd

GeekGawd

Do you have any other USB devices connected at the same time? It shouldnt make a difference but it would be good to know.
    Could you let us know the make of the 6-in-1 reader, please.
    Have you tried reading the card from another XP machine?

Also, instead of using the reader, ifyou plug your digi cam to view your pics from there, does My Computer freeze?

7. Adam clegg

It works fine on my laptop it has xp professiolal though and it works from camera to computer but it annoying to have to connect camera and i dont want to think i wasted my money on a sd card reader

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170418

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice