1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with charger port on Toshiba Satellite l645d

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stewpiddawg, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stewpiddawg

stewpiddawg Thread Starter

Hey, I have a problem with my toshiba satellite l645d..
    The charger port won't take in my charger. There's nothing wrong with the actual charger itself though. It used to be if I kept the charger at a certain angle it would work, but if it budged even a little it would stop charging and I would have to prop it up again with something. Now it doesn't charge even in that position. There is a metal part that is a little loose clearly visible inside the hole where the charger goes into. I think that's the problem. How am I supposed to fix it? Also, I'm on a budget so I can't spend much money on this.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

If the input socket is loose, it is time to have it replaced. Unfortunately this means disassembly and soldering on the motherboard. Are you up to that? Locating the Socket is going to take some searching.

3. stewpiddawg

stewpiddawg Thread Starter

If the socket is a little metal thing sticking out in the charger port then yeah, I guess..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/992212