1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with CMD & Taskmgr - Another program using the file

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by gaffykins, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gaffykins

gaffykins Thread Starter

I think it started when i downloaded a rar. file from Limewire and tried to open that file. Now when I try to open Command Prompt file ( run>cmd) and taskmgr ( Ctrl+Alt+Del) it says another program is currently using this file. Now I am also unable to log on your forum using that PC as i am unable to type my user name password bec my text is all in capital. And my Mozilla Firefox keeps opening another window, instead of opening another tab when i try to browse. However i have set up a laptop to work along with this troubled Pc. Please help. I'm located in a remote location. :confused:

When i start the Pc AVG says it has identified Trojan Horse BackDoor Generic 4. Twl. C:/ ProgramFiles /uy.exe. I tried to heal it but nothing happens. So I restart the PC and and when the AVG window appears i Put the Trojan in the vault. Please Help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice