1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem With CoH/CoV Updater

Discussion in 'Games' started by Deathlocke, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Deathlocke

Deathlocke Thread Starter

I am having an issue with the CoH/CoV updater not connecting. I click on the Updater and it loads but it just says connecting and never connects it has gotten to Connecting #200, but never goes any farther. It will connect if I switch to Dial up but to download a big file it would take literally Days lol. I once found a way to download it by tweaking the updater through the Properties menu, but I cannot remember how I did it. I also completely bypass the updater when I have all the files updated I found a tweak that allows me to bypass the updater. If there was a way to download the CoH/CoV files through a 3rd party or a different site besides NCSoft that allowed a direct download that would be great but I cannot find such a place. I thought if anyplace would have it it would be Fileplanet but no luck there. Well if anyone can help me out that would be great. I found if I open 20 Updaters at one time that one would finally connect, but it will not download any faster than my dial up account that way. it took me over a week and a half to download 700 megs. I have a High Speed Internet service and it downloads at around 300 to 980 KBps on a good day. CoH/CoV just will not download any faster for some reason can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/817678