1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with connection ???

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by miffed, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. miffed

miffed Thread Starter

i have been getting packet loss whilst playing unreal on the net i use aol as service provider and 56k :-( adsl soon tho :) and my pc hangs and starts working very hard - so lat time i posted i had a trojan problem and virus so just to check i used command prompt in dos and ran netstat - it came up with 2 ports open with two servers running ???????? 1 was aol and other was just an ip address - can any one help to sort this problem i think its either a redirect or someone is accessing my pc remotley

any ideas would be appreciated

cheers

2. Del

Del

What was the IP address? Did you try erin.net to see who own's it?

3. miffed

miffed Thread Starter

no but i will thx all i used was tracert in dos to c if it was an aol router but it isnt.....

cheers

4. miffed

miffed Thread Starter

one of the ip addresses is a redirect from uk aol to usa aol and back - that explains paket loss as im 56k other is powweb.com - now im stumped as powweb probably host this site :)

well another strange thing started happening my mouse is either getting stuck (buttons) or i suddenly got auto fire lol will figure it out hopefully...

thanks again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice