1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with d link DFE-538TX Ethernet card

Discussion in 'Networking' started by dirtfarmer, Mar 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dirtfarmer

dirtfarmer Thread Starter

I have a problem with d link DFE-538TX Ethernet card I'm trying to fix and update a computer for my grand niece who struck in a wheel chair after a 2 leg operation—so she can have some fun playing game etc-- but not to be

I'm upgrade their old machine from me to xp and that when good but geting the card to work with XP is a nitemare-- noting i do work—it give me noting but a problem-- first off xp does not even see it—all I get is in device manager –other devices-Ethernet controller with a bit yellow ? beside it :mad::confused:

no card working - no net-- no surting no update

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel Celeron processor, x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 126 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation), 32 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 11524 MB, Free - 7618 MB;
    Motherboard: Compaq, 0588h
    Antivirus: None

2. turnbulldst

turnbulldst

3. dirtfarmer

yes i found a driver for xp-- but it does not work-- see can not see the card-- tryed run cmd ipconfig and noting show up-- xp try to find hardware but will not accept driver to make card work-- i even reinstall xp to clean format with cable plug in from rounter-- noting xp did not even find it

4. dirtfarmer

if XP does not find it and some say it suppose to but does not-- driver did not work /even try it a few time- and changing PCI slot does not work either-- not much left-- it has to be the card-- even if the green led light on both on-- but card work in window 7-- but now it seem i can not get xp to axcept drive for card

just for the hell of it i took card out and put it in my window 7 machine- and it found it-- i wrote this reply using that card

in device manager i found network adapter-dlink dfe-538tx pci Ethernet adapter-- but i also found other devices/ unknown device with a yellow ? beside it---

now im back to square one-- card work but it does not accept driver in xp-- no idea as to why

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1046754

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice