1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with dates in excel spredsheet

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by singel352000, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. singel352000

singel352000 Thread Starter

I have a small problem in excel spredsheet with the date when I set date d/m/y and save when I open up the next time the date has changed to m/d/y only on the singel days
    1 through to 9 when I enter two numbers 10 to 31 no problem can any one please help :(

2. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

Are you sure it's only 1 through 9 that it happens on and not 10, 11 and 12 also? I'm guessing that it's confusing the month with the day so when you enter a number greater than 12, it knows that must be the day but it's not sure what to do with 1-12. Let me know if I'm wrong and if it really is only 1 through 9.

3. singel352000

singel352000 Thread Starter

thanks for your help I only notice It happens some times with singely days example 2/7/2006 when I save it saves as 02/07/2006 and when I come back a few days later it is 07/02/2006
    so I change it back to 02/07/2006 and next time the same .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice