1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Dell 1545 laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Tlrboy25, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tlrboy25

Tlrboy25 Thread Starter

i bought a used laptop and might have inherited a problem.
    The only way i can describe it is by posting a pic of it
    When this happens the laptop freezes cant do anything but shut it down and restart, nothing seems to be causing it directly not that i can figure out anyway, just does it at random times maybe once a day .
    system info below.
    I think the laptop was dropped at one time it has a little crack in the corner and the plastic where the crack is is scratched.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3544 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1548 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 95293 MB, Free - 70592 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0G848F
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2012, Updated and Enabled

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    If its been dropped id say theres a problem with the screen somewhere as a start.The fact that theres a crack theres no telling what else was damaged in the fall.I personally would take it somewhere and have it checked out to see if the damage isnt to bad to be fixed or how much its going to cost to do so.If its possible id maybe go to where you got it from and if its not able to be fixed maybe see if you can get your money back or they might be willing to make it right unless it was sold as is which in that case you might be out of luck.Im going to assume its a dell inspiron 1545. I have one but mine doesnt look anything like what is pictured at all. My screen is rectangular and yours looks square.

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Sue is probably correct (except about the shape* of the screen) but that mess could be caused by a bad battery or corroded battery contacts. Remove and reinsert the battery a few times to clean the contacts. If the battery has only a little life (1/2 hour or less) try testing w/o the battery.

* Hey, Sue, isn't a square a special case of a rectangle? :D And while those pictures look squarish the screen certainly looks to me like a non-square widescreen, probably 15.4" diagonal. Don't get upset; I'm just trying to hassle you a little. :)

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Looking at that second picture there seems to be what could be a pillow on the same surface as the laptop. You are not using it on a soft surface where the vents can get blocked causing overheating are you?

5. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Its all good. To me it looks more like my old dell vostro 1000 lol!!!!!I just hope whatever it is that it can be fixed and that dropping it didnt create serious problems because overall that is a good laptop.

6. Tlrboy25

Tlrboy25 Thread Starter

it's a dell laptop 1545 with specs listed more about it here http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15/pd
    anyway ill try the battery thing see what happens, should i just take the battery out and use it just on the ac power ?
    also im gettin a cooling dock station thing for it for christmas so i have just been using it on my lap so overheating is possible i guess ill see what happens if that fails i'll have to take it to a shop and see what they say.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1032002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice