1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Dlink router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by carolynav, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynav

carolynav Thread Starter

I have Hp labtop computer with windows vista that is working fine with my dlink router for last 5 months without any problem. Up to today, my uncle come with his labtop computer and using my wireless router and it works with his laptop computer. When I turn my Labtop computer on to use the internet it does not working any more. I try to reset my Dlink router for many times it still not working. I try to connect to the network there is error like this" The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network" Please help me to solve this problem.
    Thanks.

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

Has uncle gone? Perhaps he's changed the wireless security key as a joke. You need to remove your wireless conenction settings and start again, using the original information. It may be that if you have a static IP address from your router, uncle coincidentally had the same address set up on is machine and he got to the router first, thus confusing it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913965

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice