problem with drivers (i think)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
A

adambailey

Hello i have just brought a side winder game pad for my pc and when i try to install the software for it it says that it is not compatible with my windows xp! now recently i reformatted my computer and lost some drivers i think it could be to do with the usb ports oh and when i plug the game pad in it just says windows does not reconize the hardware!!! i have a packardbell ixtreme with pentium 4 my motherbord is a gigabyte GA-SIMAL if you could help me buy telling me wot the problem is or wot drivers i need i would be very gratefull!oh my games play allright buy the way!! and i think thats it thanks in advance adam

First question : is it compatible for Windows XP ? Have you checked ?

A

adambailey

it says its compatible with any windows from 98 onwards

Try obtaining the motherboard chipset drivers or in your case the universal serial bus controllers from the mobo manufacturer website, then try reinstallng.

A

adambailey

where can i get this from drivers.com?? and wot is mobo

A

adambailey

because on the gigabyte website you dont get an option to down load the universal serial bus controller drivers d

A

adambailey

i could not find an option to download usb 2.0 help

A

adambailey

i downloaded the file in my software but till no luck here is a copy any thing else i can do ??? i cant work out how to make a copy of my haRDWARE LIST FOR YOU EITHER???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online