1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with e-mail on Networked PC's

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Riempie, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riempie

Riempie Thread Starter

I have 2 pc's linked with a cross-over cable.The main pc connects to the internet with adsl modem.
    Both PC's run winXP Pro.The internet connection sharing works fine.
    Both pc's has a seperate e-mail account.
    The main PC works fine with no hassles.
    The second pc can receive mail without problems but I cannot send mail from this pc.
    I get a message: "server response 551 :Sender adress rejected:Domain not found,Port25,Secure SSL:no,server error:551,Error number : 0x800ccc79

I phoned the ISP and they confirmed that the smtp address is correct as well as the username and password.
    Is there any other setting that must be changed to make the second pc able to send and receive on its own account?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!