Problem with Elderly Using Space Bar to Line up Content

Jack1000

Guys,

Are there any tips for revising any Word Processing Document whether in MS Word, Google Docs, Libre Office Writer, for when an elderly person is writing a document and is using space space space, instead of lining up content using tabs. I went through a situation of this nature with someone, and spent about an hour trying to get lines to line up and revise their mistakes and the formatting was a nightmare.

She ended up having to retype the whole frigging thing! Clear Formatting didn't do anything. I have worked with Word Processing for about 20 years. Oh, yea, and it saved fine in Google Docs after the re-write with using the tab key. but was a mess when uploaded to word online. The biggest takes:

1.) Always use tabs to line up in Word Processing.
2.) Never use the Enter or Return key to finish a sentence, only for starting a new paragraph..

Any thoughts on these issues?

Jack

Last edited:

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
#2 should be new paragraph not just a new line?

3) Do not use 2 spaces after a period.
4) Do not use Tab, Tab, Tab, set the tab position to where it is needed.
5) In MS Word turn on the "Non printing characters" using the backwards "P" in the ribbon bar. Then you will see the mess and what needs to be fixed.

The mess in online Word is most likely from the conversion from Google Docs to MS Word?

Couriant

James
I guess it depends on the document she is typing but Tabs (not just the tab key) would be useful in this instance:

1603732317619.png

and it's not specific to the whole page but the line/s that she is on. Like you can highlight a specific line/sentence and use the tabs that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online