1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with emailing Word 2007 document

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by pford, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pford

pford Thread Starter

Hi there

My appoligies if there is already a thread on this topic, but I have tried to go through everything and have not picked anything up. My problem:

I have designed a letterhead layout for one of my clients in Microsoft Word 2007(there is an image inserted into the top of the document, then I have inserted text boxes containing contact details etc), now when the client opens the letterhead, she only sees the the image, the text boxes are gone???

Now she has just sent me an email explaining her problem, but when I open the attachment I see the text boxes with their content and everything else. Are we going crazy here? The ONLY thing I can think of, that would cause this problem, is that I am using Office 2007 and she is using and older version, but what boggles my mind here, is that I have saved the document as "Word 97-2003 document" and my client still can't see the text boxes (only the image header). Am I doing something wrong here? Is there something need to install?

I am using Windows XP, Professional, version 2002 (Service Pack 3) with Microsoft Office 2007, my client says she is also using XP 2002, but with Microsoft Office 2003.

Anyone's assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards
    Pam

2. Plantsman

Plantsman

Try to save the document as an RTF (Rich Text Format) instead of a DOC. There is more compatibility with this format.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/812202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice