1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem With Epson 580 Driver

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by GERONIMO1881, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GERONIMO1881

GERONIMO1881 Thread Starter

I have epson colour stylus 580 printer. Worked O.K on WIN/ME o.k.

I am now using WinXP Pro o/s on a new PC.

I downloaded WINXP driver from Epson site, procceded to install, all went well until a box popped up saying, "This has not been digitally signed", but you can procceed to install.

Installation completed, printer does not work!

HELP!

:confused:

Best regards!

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

Did you click OK to finish the installation?

If you did and it went thru and finished and does not work I would suggest re downloading the driver again and then remove the old one and its install file and go thru the installation again

I went to epson and they did not show a driver for windows xp

EPSON Stylus Color 580 Driver for Windows 98/ME
    Version : 5.0cE
    Date Posted : 2004-10-06
    Download File Name : sc580w98me.zip (7.6 MB)
    EPSON Stylus Color 580 Driver for Windows 2000
    Version : 5.0cE
    Date Posted : 2004-10-06
    Download File Name : sc580w2k.zip (7.3 MB)

If you were using one of these then this is why it does not work.

There is a windows compatibility mode you may be able to use but I know not how to use it. I would check the help files for directions.

3. GERONIMO1881

Did you click OK to finish the installation?= YES!

AFTER INSTALL WAS COMPLETED A BLURB APPEARED AND SAID" YOUR HARDWARE HAS BEEN INSTALLED AND IS READY TO USE!........YEAH,...RIGHT!

If you did and it went thru and finished and does not work I would suggest re downloading the driver again and then remove the old one and its install file and go thru the installation again.= DID THAT 3 TIMES!

I went to epson and they did not show a driver for windows xp=[COLOR......"red"]YES THEY DO! = SEE EPSON 10054.EXE[/COLOR]
    There is a windows compatibility mode you may be able to use but I know not how to use it. NOR DO I BRO: SO WHERE TO FROM HERE?!

ALSO TRIED HELP FILES.

BEST REGARDS.

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

For one thing I realize you are just trying to answer me but I do have a slight vision problem and have a bit of trouble seeing all caps and especially in red. It sort of makes me feel like I am being yelled at in Red. No need for it. thank you.

Since the driver apparently did not work and it should have have you checked out the FAQ's on Epsons site? If there is nothing there then I was wondering if the printer has a USB input/output connector as well as the parallel one? If it does try a USB cable.

5. GERONIMO1881

Sorry about the red, not shouting, just emphasizing!

To reiterate, when the prog was loading, there was a warning that it did not have a "Microsoft Signature",.................So, could you explain to me what that means first?

It then asked me to connect the printer, it then tells me that the "Hardware is now ready for use,............which it isn't!

The printer connects by a USB lead, which I have swapped with a proven working USB lead.
    It still does not work, also rebooting the pc to make sure the prog is loaded at start up, and yes, I did a warm boot, and a cold boot, still not working.

Also, the original printer USB Lead I have tried on my scanner, which uses the same type of lead, and that works o.k.

There is no parallel output from the printer, just a USB connection.

Regards.

Ken.

PS, If it's any help, I have had the same sort of problem before with XP in the past when the "Not signed" message pops up with various other bits of eqipment is installed.

6. bonk

bonk Banned

Try Uninstalling the old driver first

7. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

did not have a "Microsoft Signature" = Just means that the driver was not or did not have a digital signature. I have a couple like that and they work OK

USB - OK did you have the USB cable connected when you ran the installation or setup program to install the printer?

If so then remove the printer driver and pull the USB connector out of the back of the printer. Reboot the computer and with the USB connector still disconnected install the printer driver software, when the installation wants the USB cable connected it will ask for it or if it does not then re-connect it after the last reboot.

8. GERONIMO1881

Thanks Bonk,............I have tried that already!

I have installed numerous printers in the past for win98/ME/xp with no problems.

Regards,

Ken.

9. GERONIMO1881

Thanks ozrome1e,

As I have said to "Bonk", I have installed numerous printers int the past on Win98/98SE/win ME/ & xp with no problems! This not the first time this has cropped up in the past.

Yes, I have tied all the uninstalling, etc, etc, as you have described in your mail, with lead not connected & not connected!

If you had read my past mails you would have seen that I waited until the program told me to plug in printer lead!

This one has got me beat!
    Thats why I contacted you guys!

Regards,

Ken.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590317

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice