Problem with Excel-Word Mail Merge

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TravisByrd

I am trying to pull a mail merge off between Excel and Word. When I pull Interest Rates off of my excel sheet into word, instead of coming out as "5.00%" they come out "5.0000000000000003E-2)" instead. And then another interest rate "17.00%" gets pulled like "0.17000000000000001." Its really weird. Also my dollar values lose the dollar sign during the merge. Am I doing something wrong? I have setup mail merges before its just these arent working. Any help would be huge!

Anne Troy

Anne
In your doc, hit Alt+F9 so you can see the code behind the merge field. Then change it to read like this:

{MERGEFIELD MyInterestRate \* "0.00%" }

Where "MyInterestRate" would be the name of your mergefield.

{MERGEFIELD MyCurrencyField \* "$0.00" }

TravisByrd

Tried it when I got home from work. Didnt work but put me on the write track. When I try to pase the code here it doesnt work so if you have same problem just email me.

Hi all, I also have been having the same problem as TravisBryd with the XP version when using an Excel file as the data source for a Word mail merge. In addition to the problem with percentages not appearing correctly, amounts with 2 decimals without any currency symbol (for example, salary amounts) in the Excel file, get converted in the Word mail merge to many decimals. We have tried different formatting of the fields in the Excel file, such as text, but are unable to resolve this. What makes this problem frustrating is that the Excel to Word merges worked just fine in previous versions.

Anyone know of a solution???? Thanks for the assistance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online