1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

problem with external hard disk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by halneersharath, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. halneersharath

halneersharath Thread Starter

i've a seagate freeagent goflex...my pc detects the hard disc but hangs when i try to open...the problem is with the hard disc as this happens to every pc it is connected to...i've tried to format but it does not happen..

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

3. kanamaser

kanamaser

Hello! And what about my case, please.....? For an unknown reason, suddenly yesterday my external Western Digital Caviar is not detected by Windows any more. I have tried using more PC's that I have at home but it's always the same. Then I tried attaching it as a primary slave and when the POST comes I see it there, with its model and capacity. But then when Windows (7) begins loading, it will remain for ages in that first stage when the four colorful parts of the Windows logo get together and start shining. It stays there and can't load further. I have extremely valuable information in that disk (250 GB, two partitions). Any ideas please? Thanks in advance.

4. catlady13

catlady13

HI kanamaser , you would probably get more results from starting your own thread rather than trying to post on someone else's. However in my experience quite often when an external hard drive has a problem the problem does not lie with the hard drive but with a failure of the external case in which it resides. Then I usually slave it to a desktop computer I have at home so I can tell for sure if it is the hard drive that has the problem or the external case.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970340

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice