Problem with FEAR

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kame_sanjo

Well, ive had the game installed for a while now, just wanted to play for a bit and it gives me an error while trying to start the game.

it says: "A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed."

Then all i can do is click OK and have to try again. The same message pops up everytime i try to play.

It's probably an error with FEAR's Securom application. Are you trying to run a no-cd patch?

If you have any CD/DVD cloning/emulator software installed F.E.A.R can display this message. The Securom protection on the disk thinks everybody with this kind of software is trying to circumvent copyright protection and promptly spits it's dummy out at you!
Try disabling emulation mode in the CD/DVD cloning/emulator software or uninstalling it.
You might also want to close all unnecessary background tasks as F.E.A.R loves using a lot of RAM.

kame_sanjo

ah ok yea, i just uninstalled that dang thing, havent used it in ages. its all good now.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online