1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Problem with Finepix 5.2

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Gawain, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gawain

Gawain Thread Starter

Two days ago I installed Finepix 5.2 on my computer and downloaded some photos from the camera that came with it. When I tried to edit some of the images, my computer suddenly re-started and I got an error message which said that the system had recovered from a serious error and asked if I wanted to report the problem to Microsoft, which I did.

I uninstalled and re-installed the program but the same thing happens.

The detail in the error report included the following:

"C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER~1\.YOU\LOCALS\Temp\WER9bea.dir00\Mini021307-02.dmp" and
    "C:\DOCUME~1\OWNER~1\.YOU\LOCALS\Temp\WER9bea.dir00\sysdata.xml." (Quotation marks added). As well, there's a long list of information about individual modules.

All other installed programs seem to work fine and it appears that the Finepix 5.2 is the problem. Has anyone else encountered this situation with this program and, if so, were you able to correct it?

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy

Can we assume you are using XP?

Can we assume the 5.2 software came with a camera and not the other way around, that you stated

"Two days ago I installed Finepix 5.2 on my computer and downloaded some photos from the camera that came with it."

What is the model of the camera assuming it's a Fuji...

I have not used Finepix for quite awhile but never cared for it other than the raw converter which was, and still is, superb for the Fuji raw files...

buck

3. Gawain

Gawain Thread Starter

Hello buck:

I do use XP Home and the software came with the camera which is a FinePix F30.

4. buck52

buck52 Banned

Hi again Gawain

Have you tried unistalling the software and just connecting the camera...XP should see it as a removeable drive in explorer... from there you can download the files to your computer and view/edit them with any editor/viewer

there should be no need to install the finepix software

buck

5. Gawain

Gawain Thread Starter

Hello Again, buck:

I'll try your suggestion and will get back to you with the results, likely tomorrow. We got dinged with a major snowfall where I live and I'm still clearing my property.

Gawain

6. Gawain

Gawain Thread Starter

I seem to have resolved the problem with the Finepix 5.2. As you suggested I uninstalled this program and connected the camera. The pictures downloaded but again the computer re-started. However, this time I got a message that indicated that my nVidia card driver was out of date and to update it asap. This I did and am now able to edit photos using the Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Thanks for your advice.
    Gawain

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544037

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice